On Monday 21st April we will be enjoying the Easter Monday holiday and so there not be a club meeting.
Last Monday night we welcomed Walter Steensby from the Community Organic Growers Society, which members and guests found very interesting and, as expected, there were plenty of questions. The issue of terminology was explored, as well as the central role of improved soil quality, the tenure of plots, plot security and their non-commercial requirement. The society is investigating better disabled access and may later bring a submission to us for consideration.
This group has a great website so if growing and eating organic produce interests you, check it out at http://www.cogs.asn.au/. They also have an updated Facebook page.
Saturday 3rd May the Rotary Club of Ginninderra also extends and invitation to their Trivia Night to raise funds for the eradication of Polio.
- 7pm, West Belconnen Leagues Club, Hardwick Cres, Holt.
- Donation of $15pp covers your contribution to the Rotary Polio Fund.
- Food & drinks available from the bistro and bar.
RSVP as an individual or team (up to 10) by COB Thursday, 24 April 2014 to Bill Wattam email@example.com and/or Allan Black – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Important Rotary Dates
Members are reminded to register early for these great opportunities
- District Assembly, Bega (3-4 May 2014)
- Rotary Peace Scholars visit Canberra (3-6 May 2014, formal dinner 5 May) Rotarians who are interested in helping should email the Convener: email@example.com
- Annual Rotary International Conference in Sydney (1-4 June 2014)